Who doesn’t love Georgia Peaches in the summer time? Or get excited that it is peach milkshake season at Chick-fil-a? A must for our family is a trip to Dickies Farms in Musella, GA. We go bright and early to take our places at the conveyor belt to pick out the culls as they come down the line. These peaches are blemished and cannot be sold as grade A or B. We fill our 6-gallon buckets full of these misfits. (Then enjoy some well-deserved ice cream.) The car is filled with the scent of fresh peaches as we drive home.
They are spread out to finish ripening and the work begins. Peeling, slicing, bagging, freezing, jamming. Each day more and more are put away so we can enjoy peaches and peach cobbler throughout the year.Type your paragraph here.Type your paragraph here.
2 quart sized bags of Fresh Frozen Peaches Slices* (Canned in a Pinch)
½ Cup Melted Butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tbls Cornstarch
1 Box of Duncan Hines Cake Mix (White or Butter Yellow)
½ Cup Butter Melted
Dash of Cinnamon
1. Put slightly thawed peaches, butter and ¾ cup sugar in a Dutch-oven
2. Simmer to heat peaches, once the peaches get hot add ¼ cup sugar mixed with cornstarch
3. Stir gently to protect peaches
4. Mix melted butter and cake mix to create a crumb topping
5. Sprinkle topping over peach filling, and sprinkle with cinnamon
6. Put into 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, until light brown
7. Serve warm with ice cream