1. This recipe is easily doubled 1 ½ times for a 10-12-inch skillet.
3 Cups Flour
1 ½ Cups Milk
¾ Cups Oil
2. Sprinkle the Top with cinnamon & sugar mixture before baking
3. Mix in Italian seasoning, sprinkle top with parmesan cheese and garlic salt
4. Mix in diced sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
Recipe from Weaver Believer S.R. http://www.Weaverbeliever.com.
Skillet bread became a staple in our kitchen with the renewal of an acquaintance and subsequent friendship. Each time we prepare this comfort food , it brings back many memories of time shared. This recipe, an ultimate comfort food, is a glorified biscuit. Pour a bit of cane syrup on it...mmmmm...some times you just can’t beat simple.
Skillet Bread (for 8in skillet)
2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
1 Cup Milk
½ Cup Vegetable or Canola oil
1. Preheat Oven and Cast-Iron Skillet to 400 Degree Fahrenheit
2. Mix flour, milk, and oil together
3. Spray preheated skillet with cooking spray and pour in batter.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes
5. Put in oven and bake for 20-24 minutes until golden
6. Carefully flip bread on to serving plate.
7. Slice and serve with Cane Syrup or honey. Best served warm.